Saturday, April 9, 2011

FATE Brought Me to the Train and to FILIPOS

Extraordinary things happen...and today, it seems fate just brought me to the unexpected twists of my Saturday's routine...^^


For lunch, I went to eat with MJ oppa at the building, the one across the Biotech Bldg, where we also had lunch last time. At least this time, we're not so much in a hurry cos our afternoon class was adjusted to start 30 minutes after the scheduled time. I was treated with bibimbap for lunch and in return, I bought coffee for oppa hahah! Oppa was very tired cos the whole week he's been working on the project in our laboratory and has been staying overnight for 3 consecutive days in the lab. As much as I would like to help them with the report, there's nothing much I can do cos I barely understand Hangeul and the report is in Korean. T___T"


After the class, I went by myself to the subway cos oppa was going to meet his girlfriend before he goes back to Jochiwon. My Saturday Seoul to Jochiwon route has changed. I would now take the train instead of the bus so from Anam station at line 6, I get off at Dongmyo where I would transfer to Line 1 until I reach Seoul Station. Just when I got off the subway at Seoul Station, I saw someone familiar. When I looked, it was oppa and his pretty pretty girlfriend! ^^ I have never seen her yet in person, only her pictures at oppa's desktop in the lab. And indeed, she's so pretty!!! Chesca is also a Catholic, something in common we share. And she invited me to hear mass with her sometime in one of the biggest Catholic churches in Seoul. ^^


At the ticket booth, I had to go ahead cos they still had to go on a date (of course ~~,). In the train, since I got no seat anymore, I stayed at the cafeteria car. There I sat in front of the counter where they sell some food. A few minutes later, a couple of men boarded the train with a box of what seemed like an equipment, backpacks and DSLR's. They seem like professional photographers. My ears was covered with earphones but I turned down the volume of my music player. They seemed to be talking in a different language, it didn't sound like Hangeul. I kept glancing at them and I had a strong feeling that they may be my kababayans. When the train started, I decided to position myself and stood near them so I could hear if they were Pinoys indeed. Right then and there, I heard them talk in Tagalog! "Kuya, Pinoy po kayo?", I asked one of them. And that started our conversation during the whole trip. The best part is, they're members of FILIPOS (Filipino Photographers in South Korea) which is a registered club in the Immigration and because I've always wanted to join a group and develop my skills in photography, they eagerly invited me to join them and to come to Seoul for a photowalk with the rest of the club tomorrow at Yeouido! I was so excited, so happy, so full of energy despite the fact that I haven't had much sleep cos I studied for my exam since midnight and never went to sleep anymore! Though tired I may be, my brain was still full of ideas and thoughts about the Filipino community I'll be joining, the photography club, to be with professional photographers and all! Ooooohhh! I couldn't describe it perfectly that when I got off the train, I was still smiling and it's as if my smile won't ever fade! I had kimbap for dinner at a restaurant near the station and I was still smiling after even during my whole 30-minute walk to the campus!


As I went in the lab, I gleefully greeted Kiko oppa and hid behind my computer, bashful and kept my smile all to myself hahah! =) TOMORROW --- the photowalk! c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment