Friday, April 22, 2011

Water Symposium

Environmental Engineering - Water Symposium
Location: Incheon


I lacked sleep but I tried to wake up at the first sound of my alarm. But I snoozed back. Meeting time was set at 6:00am at the laboratory. When I woke up, it was already 6 o'clock! Oh no! They must have left for the symposium already...But no one has sent a message or called me up yet. So I took a quick bath and prepared myself to go to the lab. I remembered that the weather forecast stated that the day would be rainy, so I brought my umbrella with me.


As I stepped out of the dormitory, MJ oppa called and looked for me. Again, I made it to the building just in time cos oppa has also just arrived! ^^


0650 h
I left the campus with MJ oppa and Changhong oppa driving the car. Even if I was so sleepy, I was also excited cos I will meet Joan and Ate Marla! And they will be presenting at the symposium, somehow, I will be able to understand at least two presentations cos most presentations are in Korean according to my oppas. LOL.

0930 h
We arrived at the research institute and I met Joan and Ate Marla. It was like an alumni meeting as Ate Marla was being teased by her professor that we're having our mini-reunion of alumnis. LOL.


Since most of my oppas from were staff of the event, MJ oppa suggested that I go with the Kongju students, Joan and Marla. Also for me to enjoy, I'll spend most of my time with my fellow Thomasians! ^^


Today is Good Friday and we're supposed to abstain. But too bad, both Joan and I were really hungry as both of us haven't had anything for breakfast and both of us also lacked sleep! So we ate whatever was served at the cafeteria even if the only protein source was meat. Awww...

1700 h
I had to go back to Jochiwon already and join Changhong oppa and Junsik on the way back. I bid my friends farewell then.


In the car, I met Yeongchoon oppa, a former graduate student from our university. He was a bit surprised when he first heard a Korean word that came out of my mouth, "oppa". LOL,


Changhong oppa drives fast! So we reached Jochiwon at around 7:30 pm and all of us were starving! I planned on eating some plain kimbap to abstain but oppa invited me to have dinner with them. The menu? - Unlimited Beef! Uh oh! LOL.


2000 h
We rode Ohkyung oppas' suv to the downtown and dropped Junsik off at the train station cos he had to go back to his hometown as soon as possible. So there were only four of us who ate dinner at the restaurant serving what seemed like a "buffet" of beef plus a bit of Cass and soju to warm up our dinner. LOL.


I was super full! Obviously, even without rice, that much beef that kept coming until they've decided to stop will really fill me up to the throat! It was Changhong oppas treat that night and as we went out, Ohkyung exclaimed, "Forget the name of the restaurant." LOL. The beef was just ok, at least for me, since I can't compare yet what a premium grade beef of that kind tasted like. LOL. Then in the car, I asked them to rate the food with 10 being the best and 1 being the lowest, they gave 0.5 for the rating! LOL.


Though I enjoyed the food as it filled up my stomach really well, their comments made me quite more curious as to what a premium beef would taste like. LOL


Til my next post! c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment