Friday, April 15, 2011

Rendezvous at CBTL

"My First CBTL Ice Blended!"


1200h


Only Sok oppa and I were the people in the lab. The rest of the guys were in Seoul having classes. So for lunch, oppa invited me to join him and I'm glad that he's also not a fan of the cafeteria for the professors! I like bibimbap so much and so we went to eat at the place where I had my first bibimbap. I learned that oppa was planning to proceed his post-graduate studies in the U.S. and heard from my professor that he's one of the brightest students even during his undergraduate years. Seems like it cos he was a double major degree holder (Environmental and Civil Engg) during his Bachelor's.^^


At the resturant, oppa ordered spicy ramyeon and bibimbap and I didn't know that it was a treat! Cool! ^^, I was supposed to have lunch with a couple of friends but they had classes still. Because of that, I got treated for lunch! ^^


1320h


I met up with BJ oppa and Keo, who had his head shaved just before we met (LOL), in front of CBTL. They're the new friends I met at the English Cafe. BJ oppa bought coffee for us and since it was a very nice warm day (22 degrees), I decided to have white chocolate dream latte ice blended - my first ever ice blended drink at Coffee Bean here! LOL. We sat outside at the porch area and I was already brave not to put on a jacket or sweater. The warm sun was really such a bliss to my skin! ^^, I loved it!


BJ oppa told us about his interview with Asiana Airlines yesterday and when I found out he applied for FA, I was so amazed and said that that's one of the jobs I'd fancy and I definitely don't see it as a job, it's more of fun than work because it's traveling!!!^^ But it's funny that he doesn't like flying! Both Keo and him have phobias in airplanes! LOL. And so he's expecting not to get accepted, the experience of the interview was enough for him. kkk...


BIBIMBAP PLACE (not exactly the name^^)
2000h


Alone in the lab! Sok oppa already went back to Seoul so I have the lab all to myself and I can sing all I want! LOL. Just kidding! (Half - hahaha!)


I thought I would be having only oranges for dinner. But John came and so I went to dinner with him, Cindy and another friend of Cindy who's living in an apartment just outside the campus grounds. We went to a restaurant that's just a few steps from the apartment and Cindy told me to try the 청둑장. At first I was hesitant cos it was neither beef nor chicken and I didn't want to have pork as much as possible. Then she said something about beans. "Oh, soy beans?!" And I was thinking of tofu already - I'm not such a big fan of tofu. I was hopeful that the way the tofu was being cooked was tasteful even spicy cos I rarely eat plain tofu! When the dish arrived, it was a red soup filled with tofu! @_@ hahah! I didn't know what to say really and so when she asked me how it tasted, I just said "Ok". LOL. It smelled not so good too as what she said. Good thing there were lots of side dishes / appetizers and the seaweed wrap which they call "KIM". I preferred the sidedishes more than the main course we ordered. LOL. It tasted just well and blended with the kim and other appetizers at least, it wasn't that bad and it was just OK. c",)
청둑장

청둑장 (Ch'ong Dook Jang)


No comments:

Post a Comment