Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Just Scrambled Eggs

Oppas finally got tired of the cafeteria food today. For lunch, we went to a nearby restaurant outside the campus. Since I still cannot order food by myself, my friends would still suggest and describe the menu. Hyunjoo suggested that I either try the Pork Cutlet (동까스 "tong ka su") or the 오미라야스 (omi rice), kimchi fried rice covered with scrambled eggs on top (literally, it covered everything!). I decided to try the fried rice since the last time I ate there, I remembered ordering the port cutlet and only finishing half of it. When the dish arrived, I was like "Oh, breakfast - egg and rice in tomato ketchup for 4,000 won"...Hahaha!


This is how the 오미라야스 looked but with more egg on top!

Photo from: http://mybakingcottage.blogspot.com/2008/01/lunch-bento-tomato-fried-rice.html


This almost resembles the pork cutlet but the size of the pork they served at the restaurant was way bigger like 2 pieces of quarter pound pork! :))
Katsu curry don at Narita International Airport
Photo from: http://www.lastappetite.com/eating-japanese-food-like-a-complete-jackass/


For dinner, we ate at the professors' cafeteria. This time, I met another female grad student who is staying in Anam where she's doing her lab duties. She hardly spoke English but she is able to understand me anyway. We became friends from then on. ^^ After dinner, we went to Coffee Bean (I was about to go straight to the lab when an oppa told me to follow them at CBTL --- I don't want to buy an expensive coffee for now please T__T") and yey me! - It was Changhong oppa's treat for everyone! Cafe Mocha on the house! ^^,

No comments:

Post a Comment