Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nonsan City: Site Visit to Wetlands

28 April 2011


Wetland Site Visit Day!


1030h I left the campus with MJ oppa and traveled by car to Nonsan City to take a look at the wetland sites of of Kongju National University. It was both our first times to be at the site. It's my first time to see constructed wetlands as well. At the first wetland, pig waste is being treated. We also went up to the waste treatment facility --- and ooooohhhh! How nasty! The smell clung to our clothes and my hair!!! Eeek.!


We had lunch at a nearby restaurant with the students of KNU. Unfortunately, none of my Filipino schoolmates were there.


After lunch, we visited another wetland which looked a lot better than the first. I even saw a huge crane flying over but I didn't have my camera with me! <sob>


1530h We traveled back to Jochiwon. Along the road, oppa and I saw a reversely-driven truck! It's head was facing us! Only to find out it was being pulled by another truck behind when we overtook them. LOL. We almost thought of how crazy and excellent the driver would be had it been really driven reversely.


1830h The day wasn't over. Oppa and I had to proctor the midterm exams of our TA class. So we had to eat dinner early at the teachers' cafeteria. The exam was to start at 7:30pm and would end at 10:00 pm.


1920h We went to the English building and entered the hall where the exam was scheduled to be held at. Taking a look at the problems, they seem quite hard! And indeed, several students maximized the time and submitted their papers at exactly 10 o'clock in the evening!











My discoveries for today:
A car rental would cost around 70,000 won
Nonsan was an hour away from Jochiwon and there were several toll gates as well
Gasing up may be approximated to 10,000 won for that trip
20,000 won for all fees on the road might be more than enough


Rough estimate: A roadtrip to a 1-hour long drive to another destination might need 100,000 won. Would be good enough to share it with 5 people. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment