Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Shopped at Jochiwon Traditional Market

It's a Sunday! I feel so lazy and the weather seemed so cold! I got up and stayed longer in bed. LAZY DAY, magnetic bed, ZzZzZzZz...


I decided to get up and do some laundry.


I finished by 2:00pm and went to the downtown to attend the 3:00pm mass at the Jochiwon Catholic Church. By 4:00pm, the mass ended and I decided to go around and look for some stuff I might need to use in the dormitory. I went around the traditional market and looked at some shops that sold clothes and accessories. After several shops, I ended up in this one that I always found to have a lot of customers. So I got in. No wonder they always had a lot of people because the clothes were so affordable! And they are of good quality, mind you. Just be careful and choose wisely cos they also have really nice designs! Simple yet durable and posh! ^^, I ended up buying 2 thick jackets, a long hoodie, a "posh" sweater, and a couple more collared blouses that cost me 62,500 krw! LOL. And because I took long in the store, I even made friends with the lady assisting me and the older one. Both hardly spoke English and so we made use of sign languages. LOL. Jin Xiang Xian was from China and I remembered some Chinese I learned in highschool. So I asked her name and she was glad to know that I knew a bit of Mandarin. She only spoke Hangeul, Mandarin, and some Japanese but poorly in English. She was so eager to know me even if we hardly understood each other and we had fun trying to express each other's ideas. We even exchanged mobile numbers to keep in touch (I wonder though how we are going to text each other with that huge language barrier. LOL). She was so excited and we found out I'm a year older than her, so I called her "dong saeng" while she happily called me "unni". I got my stuff with a huge discounted price, by the way, cos the ladies were amused by me even if we didn't understand each other that much. I simply asked if there was a discount since I was buying a lot and the older lady (whom I started calling "unni" as well), even taught me to say "kack-a-ju-sae-yo" - which means, to lower the price please... ^^,

I went out carrying a huge plastic bag then. I went to Daiso to buy a broom and other stuff I needed at the dorm. Then another plastic bag came with me. I also needed an iron and a hair blower so I went back to the first store where I bought my stuff weeks ago. An old man was the one in charge this time. By the time I paid, he gave me a potpourri too! And a points card. Because of the points card, I now know the name of that store --- Living Mart Corporation (Li-bing-ma-keu). ^^,

Three bags with me and they're starting to get really heavy. If I walk to the campus, wow...That's a long walk! I remembered that the free campus bus would pick up near the train station starting 5:00pm. It was almost 6 already and so I decided to take the free bus ride. Before going up the overpass, I bought some oranges from an old lady who was offering me to buy. And again, I used "hankook mal jal mot heyo" to let her know I can't speak and just said "Ku-de hakseng" which meant that I'm a student at Korea University. kkk...^^

By the time I reached the campus, I decided to drop my stuff first at the dorm. Seeing the dust on the floor, I decided to sweep the room! I wonder when was the last time this was cleaned. @_@

1900h
I went to the lab and found out that MJ, John and Kiko were already having dinner. I gave them some orange and they invited me to join them for dinner. They were having budochige! One of my favorites! And they had an extra rice too! So my dinner for that night was free and "belly-fulfilling"!!! LOL.

Til my next blog! - Cathianne c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment