Wednesday, April 6, 2011

English Cafe - Rendezvous Not

It was almost 2:00 PM and the people in the lab have not yet eaten lunch! I'm getting so hungry cos I haven't had any meal yet and everyone were just too "busy" to bother about their stomachs calling! T__T" My tummy was already grouching. I decided to pick my reading materials and go to the English Cafe at the building just to the right of our building.


I was looking forward to eating some real lunch - sandwich and some beverage - and I even thought about splurging on lunch for today. When I reached the cafe, I didn't know that everything was for free! Free indeed and there was no food menu to choose from cos whatever there is, that was it - coffee, tea, toasted bread. T___T" Oh  well, at least I saved for lunch and remembered that I still had some bread in my table and thought of eating it when I go back to the laboratory.







A few minutes when I found a place to sit, a couple of guys also sat beside my table. All people staying in the English Cafe really spoke in English. If they were Korean Nationals, some of them were there practicing their English skills through some foreign acquaintances or with their friends who are also knowledgeable in the foreign language. These two guys seemed to have been there for the first time as well. I was buried in my reading materials when suddenly, one of them said "hi" to me. I thought they were referring to someone else near me, but they were actually really saying "hi" to me. (My reaction looked stunned and awkwardly funny). Then that's when I met two new guy friends who are, this time, not from my department! Now I have friends from the Business Management Department and who are very eager to talk with me in English! =))


I guess it pays to be hungry sometime? Haha..Good thing I went to the English Cafe. I simply wanted a place to relax and have some food and I got two new friends to top it all. c",)




Back at the SciTech Building...
11:00 PM
I decided to go home early and bring my materials at home. Hyunjoo called me up and asked me to pass by the laboratory at the 2nd floor. Bean oppa was there with her drinking some Cass beer and just before I headed home, I also took a shot of Cass. kkk...Hyunjoo and I went home together to our dormitory ready to get some deep sleep. c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment