Friday, March 25, 2011

Early Lab Rat Today

Cathianne's Journal:


Late to Bed, Early to Rise
25 March 2011


Menu of the Day:
Lunch @ Faculty Cafeteria: Bulkoki Steak w/ egg & rice + side dishes (kimchi, seaweeds, etc) and yu pu soup, 4500 krw
Dinner @ 둔가스: Cheesy pork cutlet, 9000 krw

Although I stayed up late finishing my Fortran program (and my all-nighter did pay off!^^) and went to bed at 3 in the morning, I was able to wake up early and for the first time, I made it to the lab by 9 o'clock! =))

I was the first person to get to the lab and opened it since I always have my keycard with me. Around 11 o'clock, the second person to get in the lab was GJ oppa and I got an apple juice from him that morning.

Somethin' to drink? A for Apple ;))
 

I was also excited to finally email my program to my professor. After two long weeks of agony in figuring out through trial and error algorithms, I was finally able to write and successfully run my program!!! WOOOOT!!! c",)

My breakfast/snack for the morning, the Binch choco biscuit from Hyunjoo =)


1230h
Went to have lunch with GJ, Doochael and Gwang at the Faculty Cafeteria where we had steak! It tasted good!!! =)) It was about a quarter pound beef steak with sunny side up and rice and the caf served some salads for the side dishes. For the first time, I had pickled garlic cloves. It tasted weird and just ok. kkk...


Photo from: detail.en.china.cn

1300h
Went out to walk for 15 minutes to burn down some calories. I was tooooo full!!!

1400h
Went back to my desk and started reading some assigned articles. I was feeling sleepy and probably, other than the fact that I can hardly understand the equations on the paper, I was also full from lunch. I couldn't resist but take a 30-minute power nap. So yeah, I dozed off....ZZzzzz

1830h
Gwang asked me to go have dinner with him, Hyunjoo and Jaemin. I thought we were just eating in the campus until we met at the library and hopped in the school bus to downtown! Luckily, I pulled some 15,000krw out of my wallet!

At the downtown, we went to the traditional market where they bought some things they needed. I didn't have any extra cash so I decided not to buy anything at all cos I was just out for dinner...=))

After going to the marketplace, we went to a restaurant, 둔가스. It was a nice, cozy restaurant that was perfect for families cos they had a play area for the kids. When we went in the place, there was a lot of children just roaming around and playing. It would have been a great scene to take some photos! =(( When will I ever have the perfect timing to take photos! T___T"

I was a bit surprised by the menu. Food prices started from 7,000 krw. It was fate that I brought more than my usual expense on food! Haha! But that dinner was exceptionally great and 맛있다!!!

The salad dressing was perfect, just the right mix, not too sour, not too sweet for the shredded cabbage! They had some soup that Honey put on some pepper. It tasted like mushroom soup and it was really yummy! The way the kimchi tasted was also exquisite and I liked how it slid down to my taste buds and even the yellow radish! And of course, the main, the pork cutlet with melted mozzarela cheese on top with some vegies in it, it was like a pork cordon bleu. I love it, I love the taste of it that I wanted to forget that I was eating pork, wishing it was chicken or fish, but the taste was ooooh soooo 맛있다!!! With the dark sauce that had wasabi! It had a kick and I liked it a looooot! Never mind the bill, it was so much worth it! Thanks to Hyunjoo, Jaemin and Gwang for bringing me there. I wanna go back there again and I gotta bring my cam with me next time! c",)

After dinner, Gwang treated us to coffee at the coffeeshop right outside the train station where I usually pass by. I got in there for the first time and I love the ambiance. I had Cafe Mocha again and it was a lovely cozy place for a local coffee shop. 잘 먹고 대 동생 !!! ^^ 
둔가스

cute pink glass


my dinner: cheesy pork cutlet
커피treat from Gwang ^^ (this cute couple, my coffee models kkk)



No comments:

Post a Comment