Saturday, March 19, 2011

A More Soulful Searching Seoul Trip

Cathianne's Journal:


I Johnny Whooped In Seoul Today!
...and I Almost Lost Three Important Things Too
19 March 2011


Today's Menu:
Campus Lunch - Noodles, 2500 krw
Dinner (at nearby restaurant from train station) -참치 김밥 (chamchi kimbap/tuna kimbap), 2500 krw


0620h
On the bus going to Seoul Express Bus Terminal.


0750h
Arrived at Express Bus Terminal. I walked my way to Subway Line 3 and used my T-money to get in. After several minutes, I got off at Yaksu station and transfered to Line 6 until I reached Anam Station. This time, I already knew which exit to take where I don't have to go back or cross the street again...=))


I walked uphill feeling the cold breeze kissing my cheeks! How poetic? Epic. Haha.. Kidding aside, the weather wasn't too bad. The temperature was just enough that I didn't feel like freezing as before.


0850h
I was already in the classroom and the first one to be in there. When the professor arrived, he was surprised to see me so early. I actually forgot that the class is intended to start at 9:30am, no wonder people came so much later! =))


1215h
We needed to go for a quick lunch. Both MJ oppa and I attend the same class at 1:00pm. I found out that the cafeteria where I ate last week was closed. So we went to the other building across ours that served noodles. Another classmate of ours also followed and had lunch with us. Even if I wanted to savor the taste of the noodles, I couldn't do so well cos we had barely 30 minutes for lunch! After we were done, we rode on our classmate's suv going to our building.


1300h
Class started. We had another short quiz. I finished answering quickly and rechecked my solutions. By the time I submitted the paper, I realized that the rechecking just made one of my answer wrong. Boohooo...


1600h
Class has been dismissed. I travelled with MJ oppa back to Jochiwon.


At the subway station, he decided that we would take the train instead of the bus. By the time we reached Seoul Station, the next train to Jochiwon would leave in about 50 minutes. So we had to wait. Since we were getting thirsty and cold, oppa treated me with a cafe mocha at Beans and Berries! I taught him the Johnny Whoops game but he never got it until I showed him the secret move...And since then, Johnny has been the missing action. =)) A few minutes later, we realized that we "lost" our train tickets. Oh nooooo! He found his ticket in one of his pockets while I was already looking for mine in all my pockets and bag! I couldn't find it! Oppa was teasing me to show the ticket on the table or else I could not go home. Then when I looked behind me on the floor, there it was! To my shock and relief, I found my ticket! I can go home to Jochiwon! Hahaha!  After that, we went to Platform 5 and went to separate cars since the ticket the seats were almost sold out when we bought the tickets.


ITEM No.1 that almost got lost --- my train ticket that cost me 8000 krw.


1949h
Arrival in Jochiwon. I thought I already missed the stop a few minutes back because we seem to have not passed by Cheonan station. I even messaged oppa but I guess he was sleeping during the whole trip because of his colds.


We were both hungry so we went to a nearby restaurant from the station that served almost all kinds of Korean food. It's like a canteen type of restaurant and I ordered my favorite Chamchi Kimbap! That cost me only 2500 krw! Haha!


Because oppa was so tired and sick, we took a cab going to the campus so it would be faster for us to get back rather than walk for another 30 minutes. He paid for it anyway..kkk..


I passed by the toilet before going in the lab. After a few minutes in my office, I went to the toilet again and it was such a perfect timing that I went into the same cubicle! Because my ID was there! I almost left my ID! ITEM No. 2 that almost got lost ---- my student ID!


I stayed in the lab working on the assignments for the TA class and started reading for my Tuesday class since there are more and more reading assignments and problems to solve. A few minutes past 12, Jungeol oppa ordered pizza! I was also busy searching for topics that I should propose for my term project that needed to be emailed to our professor within 24 hours. I was searching in vain and MJ oppa was helping me by guiding me with what topics to choose from. But because of the pizza that made me stand, while eating, I was standing next to the bookshelf and my eyes started to search for some titles. I found WASTEWATER TREATMENT, a yellow book. And when I opened it, bam! It contained mass balance and just about what I needed for my report! THANK YOU PIZZA! The first pizza I've eaten in Korea with shredded corn on top. It tasted just OK and the corn gave it some sort of a kick on the taste at least. =))


MJ oppa told me to go home already since it's past midnight and so I can already rest. I ran fast to the dormitory and I just liked the feeling of a sprint against the cold breeze in the wee hours. Just when I ran past the twin building, I heard something click on the ground. My money! It was the 7500 krw change from my dinner! Oh myyyyy----! I almost lost it!


ITEM No. 3 that almost got lost --- 7,500 krw that can buy me three meals of kimbaps! T___T"


BIG WHEW!


I jogged to til I reached the dorm. I could hardly catch my breathe when I sat on the receiving area that I ran down the basement lounge to get some Gatorade from the vending machine. It must have been from the cold wind and I haven't ran for quite a long time already. I went up to my room and hit the bed with my very tired self...


~~~~~


Travel Expenses for Today:
Jochiwon to Seoul Express Bus Terminal - 6500 krw (student discount); travel time: 1.5hrs
Subway line 3 and line 6 to Anam station - 1000 krw using T-money; travel time approx. 30min
Seoul to Jochiwon:
Subway line 6 and line 1 to Seoul station - 1000 krw using T-money; travel time approx. 22min
Seoul to Jochiwon train - 8000 krw; travel time 1 hr 34 min.


~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment