Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My First TA Session

Cathianne's Journal:


I Start Today My Real TA Work
15 March 2011


Menu for the Day:
Lunch and Dinner were both cafeteria food
*Lunch in Anam Research Center cafeteria (and it was a treat!^^)
*Dinner at Sejong Campus cafeteria for professors (that's where oppas love to eat...)


Good morning! I woke up early and got to the bus station just in time to buy my ticket and something to much on while waiting for the bus.


I arrived early in school and reached the classroom by 8:30am. I was too early that the room was still closed! Haha! So I waited outside til a lady came by to unlock the auditorium just 10 minutes before our schedule. Some of my classmates just arrived too.


0900h
Professor arrives and collects our assignments. I was a bit shocked to see that they'd make cover pages for assignments! I thought it was only done in college, never thought graduate students would bother to do cover pages just for a few page of written report. T___T"


In the class, the subject was getting more complex even though the topic was called SIMPLEX...Oh dear, I wish my brain is working supersonic...


1200h
Lunch at the cafeteria. Jongchun, a new friend of mine whose been trading languages with me through Kakaotalk (I teach him English, he teaches me Hangeul), invited me to join him and the others for lunch. Before our class ended, our professor gave us another manual to read. Good thing, Smartkid's (what I call him cos he's a genius) office had an extra copy of the manual and they gave it to me! ^^ So i need not to worry about where to find one anymore...One less thing to worry indeed but another to read..T___T"


Lunch was treated by Mr. Lee, one of my classmates who is working for a company and is also a PhD student in Anam Campus. ^^


1300h
Walk back to the subway.


1510h
I rode the bus to Sejong Campus.


1700h
I went in the lab and read the chapter of the book for my first tutorial session with the class I am helping MJ oppa as teaching assistant.


1830h
I had an early dinner with MJ oppa, Gwang and Dae-uk oppa. After the dinner at the cafeteria, Dae-uk oppa treated us some coffee at CBTL! Another Coffee Bean for me! My second here! Haha! I miss Coffee Bean and thanks to Dae-uk! c",)


Dae-uk only comes to Sejong during Tuesdays because he is a TA for one of his professor's undergraduate class.


2000h
I went up to the 5th floor with MJ oppa and he introduced me to some students who were there for the tutorial. There was about 10~12 students from Prof.JY's class. I was too conscious about it so I kept asking oppa to let me tutor without his presence, LOL...I didn't realize I was already taking too long! I ended the session a few minutes past 10 o'clock! Whoow...!


When I returned to the lab, Gwang asked for some help in his English assignment. It was about is vacation in Jeju Island and he needed to have his grammar corrected. Then GJ oppa saw it and showed me some more about Jeju and other beaches in Korea. Then he told me about Daechon beach and I learned that during summer, they have this mud festival held for a week long! Cool! I wanna go there too!!! ^^


To explore more of Korea also comes with the hope that this winter break, the professors will bring us, graduate students in the lab, to Jeju Island too! ^^


c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment