Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Johnny Whoop Did It Again!

Cathianne's Journal:


Johnny Whoop Has Done It Again!
23 March 2011

Oh, I just realized, next week is the last week of March already! Wow! I just can't believe how fast time goes by! Today was another ordinary day. Lunch and dinner were both from the cafeteria.


For lunch, I had the Suijiao (one of my favorite side-dishes in the caf), Japchae (which is actually tasting good already, or is it just me getting used to the taste? ^^), rice and a banana! All these for 2,900 krw only and I finished them all! Hahaha!


The whole day, I was doing TA work. I studied the textbook and answered the week's homework so that by Monday, all I have to do is check the papers! I just hope I will be able to finish my week's tasks...I'm still stuck with my Fortran Program. T____T"


Today, Hyunjoo is finally working with us in the lab!^^


By 6:00pm, we all went out to eat dinner at the professors cafeteria. As usual, the meal cost 4,500krw. It's good for people with big appetite, you can come back for several rounds as much as you wish. I'm glad they  had seaweed wraps. I now like the taste of rice with seaweed wrapped on it. And the rice in that cafeteria is sooo good! Red with some beans! ^^ But the only part of the food I can never finish up is the soup. I'm just not a soup lover. If it were some pumpkin soup then I'd really dive for it. We had kimchi (as usual), the other type of kimchi - spicy pickled radish stems, tofu (I never liked tofu until I tasted this style of cooking! It's got the strong sauce meaty flavor, yum!---sharing below some link about it), spicy noodles, and the spicy soup which I hardly touched...


*See below photos and recipes of some of the Korean Dishes I had today ^^


Back in the lab, MJ oppa and I prepared for the tutorial session at 7:00pm. When we got up to the meeting room, only one student was there, William. I met him on the welcome party but it never occurred to me that he is also in the TA class I'm handling..kkk.. So we ended up early cos only William came. More time to do other work then!


By 9:00pm, Hyunjoo and Gwang came to the lab. MJ oppa told me to show them the Johnny Whoop game. As usual, I gave them a dare: Anyone who can do exactly what I am doing, given 5 trials, I will treat him/her a cup of Coffee Bean... Haha! And yep! No one got it in 5 trials. Not even after 10! Then I showed Hyunjoo the trick and we kept making Gwang do it over and over. Then Kyeongjin oppa arrived and we showed him the game. He couldn't get it as well. MJ oppa did another demo, still, they didn't get it! =))


Finally, I exaggerated the my secret move, they finally saw what was missing! HAHAHA!


I wonder if you know what's that secret move... =))


JAPCHAE Recipe:
http://hungerhunger.blogspot.com/2007/10/japchae-korean-noodles.html

Photo from: droopia.net

SUIJIAO
P1210294
Photo from: hungerhunger.blogspot.com


KOREAN STYLE TOFU
http://www.ehow.com/how_5685913_cook-korean-style-tofu.html
The one I ate looked like this:
From http://asiansupper.com/recipe/korean-style-mapo-tofu

Photo from: http://asiansupper.com/recipe/korean-style-mapo-tofu

Spicy Korean Noodles 쫄면
http://foodieholic.blogspot.com/

Photo from: foodieholic.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment