Tuesday, March 8, 2011

First Seoul Solo Trip and Italian Lunch

Cathianne's Journal:


JAL-MO-GAE-IM-NI-DA
08 March 2011

Menu for the day:
Lunch --- Spaghetti Carbonara Al Pollo at RICCONE
Dinner --- 2,800 krw cafeteria meal


0430h *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* -- snooze,


0450h
I get out of bed. I don't want to be late for my first class in Hydro Systems!


0550h
I'm already outside Korea University gate and the bus ticket office is still closed! Ooooh... I'm too early!


0600h
The lady opens the ticket office and I buy my ticket for 6,500krw. That's the student discounted bus fare from Jochiwon going to Express Bus Terminal, Seoul.


0625h
The bus arrives. Now we leave for Seoul.
I get more sleep in the bus. ~.~ Still very sleepy.


0855h
We arrive in Seoul and I wake up just in time! =))


I remember how MJ oppa led me to the subway. I follow the arrows leading to the subway. I go to Line 3 and swipe my T-money.
The train passes by 5 stations before I transfer to another line:
- JAMWON
- SINSA
- APGUJEONG
- OKSU
- GEUMHO
Finally, I get off at YAKSU station where I will transfer to Line 6.


At Line 6, it passes by 5 stations more before I reach my destination, Anam Station.
- Cheonggu
- Sindang
- Dongmyo
- Changsin
- Bumon
Finally, I get off ANAM Station and find exit 4 so that it's nearer the Engineering Building.


I walked to the entrance and directly to the Research Center since the one written on the syllabus was "Engineering Research Center". When I got to the 3rd floor, there was no room 364! Oh no. Wrong building. Definitely, "Research Center" must be wrong!


I go to the Engineering Building and ask the guard who leads me to the Student Affairs Office. Five minutes to nine, I finally get to confirm my real room. It's just in that building.


I enter the classroom and see 3 guys. They must be my classmates. In a little while, 4 more came in. They ask me in Hangeul about my student number, I answer them that I don' understand. That's when they discover that I'm a foreigner.


The Professor enters and checks the class list. He sees my name and asks of my background and from what country. The class begins and we already have a textbook for the semester. This seems like a very interesting subject and again, I'm the only girl in the class and the only one travelling from Jochiwon! T___T"


During the 10-minute break, the professor asks if I'm going back to Jochiwon right after the class. We are to have lunch with him after class so I will travel back after lunch! =D


The last lectures focuses on engineering economy and this I admit I really have to refresh on. But the professor teaches well and is already giving us an assignment for the week. So yeah, I need a copy of the book. One of my classmates was kind enough to let me have his book since I cannot come back anytime to purchase it. I meet more friends and my tongue is again twisted that I can hardly speak their names. It's just the same with them, they can hardly speak my name anyway. =))


1200h Lunch break
We all walk together to RICCONE
We made it just in time before more people can have the table. A lot of students go there to eat during class days. It's an Italian restaurant. Another PhD student working in the lab of the Professor joins us for lunch.


I order Spaghetti Carbonara Al Pollo. I know that Pollo means "chicken" in Spanish. I didn't want to try the ones with shells, it just might give me another pain in the stomach and wake the hungry worms again! T___T"


The serving is BIG! But for them, it was small. According to our professor, just days ago the bowls were bigger. Most of them ordered pasta that had crust covering it. And so cheesy, most of our orders had so much cheese as I look at everybody's orders! So YUMMY! I miss having cheesy dishes! But Koreans still ask for kimchi even with pastas on the menu. =D


"Gyo-soo-nim, chalmogaut-simnida", I said. It means Professor, thank you for the food. Thanks to Meyen who taught me that last Sunday! =)


Now I walk back to the subway station and full! The PhD student, Yoo, sees me and is also going the same direction. Luckily, he was, because I was about to enter the other side of the subway line. =))


1350h 
I reach the Express Bus Terminal. I almost lost the WAY OUT that I keep ending at stores and dead ends! =))


The next bus to Jochiwon (the ordinary bus, because if I take the 02:00pm bus, it will cost me 10,400krw) is at 03:10pm. So I still have over an hour to wait. With nothing to do, I tried going outside to roam around and take pictures of the fat pigeons. I get outside and see only the thin ones. T__T" Next time, I hope I get to feed them too!


1500h
I ride the bus to Jochiwon. It leaves at exactly 1510h. Even before the bus started, I already snoozed in my seat. =))


Tired. I go back to the dorm and leave some of my things. I freshen up. I walk down to the laboratory.


1800h
Dinner at the cafeteria for 2,800krw only! Yey! I didn't finish everything though especially the tofu. Again, they had breaded pork for the main dish. Not my favorite either  so I just had half of it.


1900h
I ask Gil oppa if I can go home early.


1930h
I meet up with Honey at the ground floor. She teaches me how to use the washing machine as it had coin pockets to make it work.


2030h
Finished with the laundry! I hang my clothes in our room. And now I'm going to bed. ~_~

No comments:

Post a Comment