Monday, March 28, 2011

Let's -- Bulgogi Baek-ban!



Cathianne's Journal:


My Sunday with Suyeon
27 March 2011

1800h
I started walking from the lab to Jochiwon downtown.

1830h
I went to the Korean Traditional Market and remembered the store Daiso where they sell almost everything! I bought some things I needed at the dorm.

1900h
I went to hear mass at the Jochiwon Catholic Church which is just a few blocks away from the market.

The 7:00pm mass is mostly attended by the youth / university students. As usual, the mass is in Hangeul so I hardly understand it. But at least, I still heard mass and received the final blessing. ^^

2000h
I went to the Jochiwon train station to meet up with my friend, Suyeon. She is a Catholic as well and we've always wanted to hear mass together but our schedules just keep on conflicting. So we decided to meet each other for dinner instead.


Just in front of the station, there are several convenience stores, cafes, restos and street food vendors. Suyeon bought us some bungeoppang (붕어빵). It's my first time to try it actually and it tasted good! Best when warm indeed and freshly made! It's shape is a fish but it's just like pancake with some filling inside. They call it here "fish bread".


Photo from: 
blog.naver.com

2025h
We crossed over the train station to catch the free bus to the campus.

2040h
We ate at a restaurant just outside the boundaries of our campus. We had 불고기백반 (bul-ko-ki baek-ban)! Yum yum yum!!! Love every bit of it! It's now one of the favorites in my list of Korean food!


***
More about bungeoppang (붕어빵):The Best Bungeoppang
***


My Menu for Today:
Lunch - Kimbap delivered to the lab for 2,500 krw
Dinner - Bulkoki baek-ban for 5,000 krw


Til next blog! ^^,

No comments:

Post a Comment