Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Seoulful Adventure Trip Far and Back

Cathianne's Journal:


A Soulful Searching Trip to Seoul
"Learn to ride the subway with me!"
12 March 2011


Menu for the day:
Bagel-like-turned-burger/sandwich for lunch
Kimbap at Family Mart for dinner




0830h
Went to bus terminal to buy ticket for 6,500krw (discounted student price for KU Sejong from Jochiwon to Seoul route only)


0910h
Bus leaves Korea University Sejong Terminal Station for Seoul Express Bus Terminal Station


1040h
Arrival in Seoul


I walked from the terminal to the Subway. I have with me some amount left in my T-money so I used it for my ride to Anam Station. Using T-money from Gosuk to Anam would only cost 1,000krw. (100krw cheaper than buying the single journey ticket)


ROUTE:
Express Bus Terminal (Gosuk)


Take Subway Line 3 with arrow pointing to Daehwa
From Gosuk, the subway will pass by
JAMWON
SINSA
APGUJEONG
OKSU
GEUMHO
...Then get off at YAKSU station to transfer to Line 6


Follow the arrow pointing to Bonghwasan
The subway will pass by
CHEONGGU
SINDANG
DONGMYO
CHANGSIN
BOMUN
Then get off at ANAM Station.


From Anam station, to go to Biotech building, I take exit 2... WALK UPHILL! My exercise every Seoul Trip is soulful indeed! =))


When I reached the building, I met KH oppa but he had to go on a meeting so I ate lunch at the cafeteria. It was my first meal for the day and I was soooooo hungry. The lady was nice and served me a really good sandwich for 3,000krw! It was definitely good and even my professor commented on the fb photo of the sandwich I posted. =))


Just before I got to Anam, I got a notice from our professor that the class is postponed to 4:00pm. The morning class was cancelled, so I was able to sleep more but I was already in Anam and had about 4 hours more to wait for the next class! What to do? I'm by myself! T___T"


O.K. Why not try going around and exploring? Photowalk? =))


I tried to retrace the path where I had my first lunch in Seoul. Unfortunately, I could not find the way and I didn't want to risk going elsewhere without my passport! (My passport is still with the Immigration being processed for my ARC - Alien Registration Card) How I wish my ARC will be given to me within the week!


So I stayed and took photos within the campus instead.


1500h
I went to the classroom and MJ oppa also just arrived.


1600h
The class started and the professor gave us a short quiz.


We got donuts for snacks from Prof.JY! =))


1900h
Class ended. We found out that the last train to Jochiwon leaves in an hour and it's not an easy way to get to the bus station because it seems like rush hour weekend!


Prof.JY accompanied me and decided to take the subway to check if I know the way already and see if I can still get a seat for my bus to Jochiwon.


Reverse route: Anam to Gosuk (Express Bus Terminal)
Single Journey Ticket price: 1,100krw
My T-money didn't have enough funds so I had to buy the single journey ticket. But upon buying, there's a deposit of 500krw which can be refunded at the terminal station where one gets off.


1950h
At the ticket office. "Sorry there's no more seat for the last bus to Jochiwon". Oh no!!! T____T"


The professor teaches me another route. We went back to the subway and took line 3. My only way home was the train this time! And I have to go to the Seoul Station!


From Gosuk to Seoul
Estimated Departure Time: 2014h
***With the help of the professor and the subway map (though written in Hangeul, good thing I've started learning how to read, so I can somehow guess the right word haha!)


Take Line 3 and pass by the following stations
JAMWON
SINSA
APGUJEONG
OKSU
GEUMHO
YAKSU (This station is connected to Line 6 - only when going to Anam Campus)
DODEIPKU (I'm not sure of the spelling)
CHUNGMURO
OLCHIRO SAM GA
CHONGRO SAM GA
...Then we tansferred to Line 1

Note: Careful in choosing the way to line 1. To get to Seoul Station, we had to look for the arrow going to INCHEON.

It was a long transfer tunnel to line 1...

At line 1, we had to pass by 2 stations before getting to Seoul Station. These were:
CHONGGAN, and
CITY HALL

Cost of Single Journey Ticket from Gosuk to Seoul Station: 1,000 krw. Again, I paid 1,500krw at the ticket machine but I had my card refunded by the time I got out of Seoul Subway Station.

Estimated Arrival Time: 2044h
At Seoul Station, gyo-soo-nim teaches me the way to the train ticket station. The Seoul Station is quite complex and amazing for photowalking by the way! (Another prospect place to shoot, haha!)... But I had no time to take photos cos I had to try taking the 9:10pm trip to Jochiwon.

I bough my ticket to Jochiwon and gyo-soo-nim bought his ticket to his hometown. I got in just in time. By the time I went down platform 4, the train was just about to leave. I took a seat at car 4 where there was a mini cafeteria and some arcade computers...AMAZING! I got some photos in my phone and uploaded them with the caption "GUESS WHERE I AM???" =))

I arrived Jochiwon station at 10:37pm. It was quite a long trip but definitely worth learning! =))

I passed by Family Mart and bought KIMBAP for dinner. I reached Sejong Campus by 11:20pm and passed by the laboratory to get a cup of warm coffee. Surprisingly, there were people inside --- GJ oppa, Jungeol oppa and two others whom I don't know and one of them was using my desktop.

To the dormitory I go and take a deep snooooooooze!!! =))

No comments:

Post a Comment